The Ultimate in high visibility weatherproof protection. 100% waterproof, windproof and reflective. The lining is an insulating, toasty lambs wool polyester fleece, which is also in the large waterproof hood, that fits over all size riding hats.
The jacket's outer fabric is 100% reflective, so when the day is dull, car headlights will bounce a reflective light off the jacket, making you stand out.
The jacket is designed to be oversized due to numerous requests we have received. The jacket will fit over anything you are wearing, including body protectors and Air Vests. The coat has strong leg straps to stop it blowing up and keeping your legs warm, dry and cosy.
The jacket completely covers the saddle and your legs.
Perfect for riding, dog walking, outdoor swimming,
The jackets we have in at the moment are for riders that are between 5ft 5" - 6ft 5" and riders Size 16+.
Lady in the photo is size 16 and 5ft 10"tall.
Man in the photo is chest size 42" and 6ft 3" tall.
- Perfect for hacking, schooling, dog walking, carriage driving, yard work... the list is endless
- Waterproof and windproof outer shell fabric made from 100% Nylon.
- Taped seams.
- 100% made from highly Retro-Reflective glass beads - millions of them!
- 3 Reflective colours - Navy, High Viz Yellow and Silver (for maximum reflection)
- Lambswool polyester fleece.
- Hook and loop fasteners at the wrist.
- 2 large YKK® chunky side zips.
- Treated with water-repellent technology to help stop stains.
- Full length 2-way reversible YKK® front zip, perfect for riding.
- Minimal seam construction, means less liking to leak.
- 2 large pockets with YKK® chunky zips and large easy to grab zip pulls.
- 2 Large, deep, fleece-lined external YKK® chunky zip pockets, with easy grab pulls.
- Extra large internal, soft-lined ‘poacher’ pocket.
- Internal waterproof zip entry pocket - ideal for phone/wallet, with hole for head phone, great when working on the yard.
- Lightweight considering how large the jacket is.
- Large storm collar with chin guard.
- Large oversized hood, that can fit over a riding hat.
- 6 large deep pockets in total.
These designs originated from the Surfing Community and Equisafety has tweaked the design to become perfect for Equestrians. Protecting them from the elements and keeping warm and dry when out riding or yard work
Love it and I'll be fine with it but even on me, being size 18/20, it is humungous and will be extra space even if worn over thick jackets!
The range of pockets is great!
Been after one of these for a while so managed to get one in the sale so well chuffed. Lovely big cosy coat, looking forward to next winter now!
Oversized Storm Dry Coat- Mercury
Firstly… love the size & the warmth, great for keeping your lower back & legs warm when carrying out chores such as mucking out, picking feet out ( anything that involves bending over 😄)…in cold, wet & windy weather. Also love the ‘roomy’ pockets, especially the ones that zip shut. Can get a couple of carrots, an apple & some treats in them, along with the essentials of phones, cash & keys. Great to have a secure inner phone pocket 👍🏻. Love the two way long zip & love the two side zips which allow ease of movement when working or riding in the coat.
Negatives- the material is very ‘noisy’ when moving around & the horses picked up on it straight away, on a quiet night mucking out I actually found it quite irritating & was actually consciously trying to keep my arms away from my sides so as not to rub against the material. Although the material is ‘too noisy’ it does seem to be, so far, very good at repelling water/rain. Love the idea of handwarmer pockets, but would prefer a closure capability on them for when not in use for times of heavy rain to stop the pocket getting wet from rain running down the coat, maybe a single press stud (or zip, I love security!! 😄) but definitely NOT Velcro ‘yuck!’.
The hood is lovely, large & warm but keeping it up in the wind can be difficult if not wearing anything else on your head at the time, maybe consideration to a good quality hood adjustment/closure system for those wild & windy days.
Overall, love the Mercury colour, a very serviceable colour & the reflective bands stand out clearly. I’ve worn it every evening to do the horses since I got the jacket & absolutely love the warmth & cosiness of wearing it on these cold windy evenings. I’ve walked home on an unlit section of road during the hours of darkness & motorist can clearly see the reflective bands on the coat by the reactions of slowing down by the decent motorists.
I’ve not ridden in it yet & I’ve not had cause to wash it yet either but overall I love this coat & look forward to wearing it ( apart from the noise 😬🙉) with a few more little tweaks to its design I think you could be onto a winner for next winter. ….. & I’m more than happy to trial out Edition 2 Oversized Stormcoat for you before you go into mass production of it 😊😄🤣👍🏻
Delighted with my yellow Storm coat, fabously warm, well thought out pockets and style.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.