- Adjustable lightweight ventilated riding hat
- Dial adjustment at the back
- Removable headband
- Quick-release harness buckle
- Safety Standards: PAS015:2011, VG1 01-040 2014-12, ASTM F1163-15.
- EQX branding
The Charles Owen EQX Kylo Sparkly Riding Hat is designed to offer quality, style and comfort with an easy-to-fit precision dial-fit system. Complete with a removable washable headband. Ideal for flat work, show jumping and warm weather. Extensive ventilation to maximise cooling.
Certified to three international safety standards: ASTM F1163-15, PAS015:2011, VG1 01-040 2014-12.
How to fit:
- Place the helmet on the head and hold roughly 1cm above the eyebrow, at its loosest setting.
- Whilst holding the peak in place, begin to slowly tighten the dial fixing at the back of the helmet until secure. Please tighten your dial-fit carefully. Over-tightening of the dial-fit mechanism when the helmet is being worn may cause the dial to lock. If this occurs, simply remove the helmet and release the dial.
- Check the fit by gently pulling down on the peak or front of the helmet. The skin above the eyebrows should move with the motion of the helmet if it fits correctly. Independent movement from the helmet is an indication the helmet is too big or the dial is not fastened tight enough.
- Due to the dial-fit securing the helmet at the base of the skull (occipital ridge), consistent contact around the perimeter of the helmet is not necessary.
- The chin strap should fit just under the chin and gently touch the bottom of the ear lobe, avoiding the throat.
- One finger’s width should be between the chin and the chin strap. The gap between the chin and the chin strap indicates how far the helmet could move in an accident. When doing the chin strap up, place your finger between the strap and your chin to ensure you don’t pinch.
- Before removing the helmet, you should undo the dial. This helps prevent unnecessary stress on the dial fixing and ensures you are securing it correctly with every wear.